What is a Territory Manager?
Hi-Line Territory Managers own and operate mobile industrial hardware stores. They sell industrial and maintenance supply products to customers large and small, and in wide range of industries.
Ongoing service is the key to building long-term relationships with our customers. Our Territory Managers excel in providing valuable inventory management services. TM’s keep their customer’s parts rooms organized and stocked with the products they need, when they need them. The result is customer loyalty and satisfaction.
How does this work? Is it a franchise?
No, this is not a franchise. Unlike franchises that require a large initial investment and royalty fees, the only significant investment for Hi-Line Territory Managers is their mobile store. Most mobile stores are financed through Banc Lease Acceptance, your local Bank or Credit Union.
People who have often dreamed of owning their own business find an exciting alternative with Hi-Line. Our Territory Managers control territory development, prospecting, time management, pricing and their earnings.
How does Hi-Line support the Territory Manager?
Hi-Line provides a myriad of support services and programs to set our Territory Managers on the road to success:
- Classroom and field training
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching
- Protected territories
- Incentives and performance bonuses
- Mileage Reimbursement (First year only)
- Supplemental Salary (First year only)
- Opportunities for advancement from within the company
- Quality products
- Automated inventory replenishment
- Account management, collections & receivables
- Parts bin allowance
- Customer service support
- Business development & marketing programs
- Full line of top quality MRO products
In addition, we also provide great medical & retirement benefits with our career opportunities.
What are the characteristics of successful Territory Managers?
Hi-Line Territory Managers come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our high performers have one thing in common—a burning desire to control their own business success. They are typically:
- Entrepreneurial spirited
- Independent self-starters
- Business minded
- Service oriented
- Money motivated and ambitious
- Resourceful and flexible
- Willing to learn
Ultimately the success of our Territory Managers depends on their effort and desire.
What is Hi-Line’s recruiting process?
Hi-Line’s selection process is designed to ensure that our Territory Managers have the best opportunities for success. We take a thorough approach that includes:
- Initial Phone Conversation with a Recruiter
- Culture Index Survey to be completed
- Web Interview scheduled with a Recruiter
- Hiring Paperwork, Aptitude testing and Mobile Store Pre-Approval
- Dallas Interview (Candidate will travel to Dallas for a face to face interview with Management)
- Thorough background check including professional and personal references
- Territory Manager Experience (Candidate will spend a day in the field with a Territory Manager)
- Offer Process
Will I be an Independent Contractor (1099)?
No. Our Territory Managers are full-time (W-2) employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
Is this position salaried or straight commission?
Territory Managers start out with a Supplemental Salary + Commission + Bonuses + Mileage Reimbursement before transitioning to a straight Commission + Bonus program.
What investment is required on my part?
Hi-Line Territory Managers own and operate their own authorized Hi-Line Mobile Store. They are also responsible for supplying equipment for their own home office.
What are the vehicle requirements?
All Hi-Line mobile stores must conform to a specific set of standards. Hi-Line does not sell the mobile stores directly, but we do coordinate the process through established third party that is located in Dallas, Texas.